Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Don't do that again please!

A less that pleasant 24 hours for me folks and an incredibly anxious morning here but this may have been an unnecessary scare.

I missed the call while in the shower getting ready for work. I called back within 3 or 4 minutes and he was on the phone. I obviously have been overly anxious and scared to be honest, so missing this call was not what I wanted to do. This kind of uncertainly and fear can make the brain a very busy creative machine, and not for the best in this case. Ive never ever broached the thought of having to deal with this again.

Long of the short is I've been pacing the house all morning never letting my cell phone out of my sight and called back twice. Finally, here it is lunch and we finally talked-Here's the deal and we can pretty much take it as a big sigh of relief!

Granted not completely out of the woods BUT-the general consensus here from him, the radiologist that reviewed the MRI originally as well as my ENT is that it is probably nothing more that a calcium buildup or cyst. The fact that he learned I never broke my collar bone nor tore up my shoulder playing volleyball didn't make him happy as that pretty much rules out calcium from previous injury. That, and the fact it didn't show in my September scan so he's going the cyst route. The radiologist feels all is fine but says we can do a targeted scan of the area to get a better look so we're ordering another MRI for me next week Tuesday that focuses on the areas of interest in the shoulder to ensure instead of assume.

I'M OK with this train of thought.

Need to breathe and relax through this process but sounds like the most prudent course of action just to be safe. From there he may go in and drain and/or biopsy. He very positive this is no big deal and a non event but we'll go through the process to be sure.

WHAT A RELIEF and I'm very confident be even better by the end of next-Again keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment