Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unnecessary Stress but a reality check as ALL G!

ALL CLEAN!!!! Mahalo everyone for your thoughts and prayers but it is now official-this event has been a non-event and I'm happy to say I STILL TAKE PRETTY PICTURES and all G!...an interesting find but negative on what matters most! Now that was some stress I don't care to repeat yet it is interesting how instances such as this tend to give you a bit of a slap in the back of the head on reality and your own mortality and remind you maybe things spinning a bit too fast and I need to remember to take things slow and literally.

We kind of knew this Friday but it has still been a bit nerve wracking awaiting the results but turns out the only incident of concern was my challenge in the MRI Tuesday. The resulting reports from this second scan show this to be a non cancer related issue of any kind!!! There most certainly is a cyst like mass formed under my right clavicle however it does not light up and that is A GOOD THING!!!! Upon further review, we find there has even been previous mention of it in some of my previous scans. Apparently Ive had this for some time as we have now also been able to detect other shoulder and rotator cuff damage and scaring from a previous shoulder injury........That's awesome news of course under the specific circumstances as only concerned with the stuff that can kill you yet it makes one wonder as I've never had any prior shoulder injuries to speak of. Sure with years of volleyball, paddling, surfing and swimming, Ive had my share of stingers but nothing that ever put me in an ER or a sling like I was so good at with knees and ankles-LOL. Apparently however, i have in fact done some significant damage over the years and he actually suggested I go see my Ortho. I have absolutely no difficulty nor pain so when the Ortho calls me, and he will, this ought to be interesting.

Anyway the bottom line here is after a week of stress and reminders, to hear him say "everything looks great and see you in 4 months" never sounded so good and took a huge weight off said shoulders! Off for a swim-might as well exercise and stretch it a bit right! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment