Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

10 Weeks

We are at the 10 week mark here and actually had 2 minor scares this week to deal with that got the WTF meter going for a bit. I had an very odd episode last weekend where I woke up and found I was completely unable to swallow. Literally took a sip of water and found it immediately exiting my nose! YIKES! That certainly generated some concern but it soon passed and I was back to as normal as can be these days as there are always challenges swallowing but that was a bit much. Fortunately that episode has not occured since yet I primarily notice I still have throat pain about half way through a meal-regardless of the meal. Simply not up to full usage yet apparently.

The second thing that got me this week was an early morning call from the oncologist office informing me I need to come back in ASAP for "further blood work and tests" EXCUSE ME? WHY? I was there last week and not due till next month-what is wrong. As is standard it seems, the only thing the nurse can tell you is that the Doctor has requested this....i.e it stresses the sh*t out of you! So far all I have been able to confirm after I went in is that the vampires claim to be at fault as they apparently did not take sufficient blood from me last week to run the full chemistry of tests he needs. That allowed me to relax somewhat however, that means I actually did not get all the results yet either. Good news is the tests would be complete and reviewed by now and there have had no further calls to stress me out so keeping the positive attitude! Even made it to my buddy Bill's little French soiree Wednesday evening to de-stress from that scare and was able to find a few wines this time that the throat could handle. I'd like to officially blame him for facilitating the first hangover I've had in probably six months-Thanks Bill!

On a completely different tangent here, I received the nicest e-mail this week regarding this blog that got me thinking. I have been continually and pleasantly surprised over the months as to some of the feedback I get, not only for the comments themselves, but in who authored it as it is my measurement of how many of you actually read this. Outside of those registered, I have no other way of knowing where this has gone or who reads it when but I thank you for your support! Some of the commentary you send me is great and in return I am thrilled to hear how this is of benefit to you all as well. Not only has this and Facebook been a huge asset to me and my family as a tool to disseminate information, but I am amazed to hear how many of you actually find this to be a source of entertainment in the way in which I write this thing. Love to hear that as I know I write in more of a conversational format and that irks the hell out of my sister, the professional editor-HA take that Pam. On a more serious note however, I have also learned that there are some out there I have never met but this has been passed on to you as a means to help in what you may be going through as well. All I can say is I am glad and I thank you for keeping up with my trials and tribulations and if this proves to be helpful or of some entertainment value to you as well, we all will win.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment